GETTING AHEAD OF THE COVID-19 POST-CRISIS ANALYSIS
What Should Your Business Be Doing?
As we cope with this new paradigm for life and work, we will, at some point, find a new normal at which point we will need to reflect on our business response to COVID-19.
Here are some topics to think about now so when you sit down and perform a post-crisis assessment, you’ll be ready to thrive!
Give us a call now at 772.600.5529 to see how we can help you navigate during and after the COVID-19 pandemic. Contact us!
- Be prepared! Unfortunately, this type of scenario could very well happen again.
- Employees Did your employees know what processes to follow when the extraordinary occurred?
- Key Issues What caught you completely off-guard?
- Disaster Recovery/Business Resumption What was missing in these plans?
- Disaster Response Who was in charge?
- Crisis Communication Was your plan up to date and sufficient for this occurrence?
- Telecommuting How seamless was that transition?
- Similarities/Differences How does the COVID-19 event compare to H1N1, SARS, MERS, Ebola, hurricanes, and other natural disasters?
- Social Distancing What could you have done better to support your employees and clients during this period?
- Isolation How did you and your employees deal with the isolation?
- Return to Normal Operations Did it go smoothly?
Key Action Items:
- Update your disaster recovery, business continuity, and crisis communication plans.
- Assess your business resumption process (“return to normal” operations).
- Update telecommuting, disaster response, crisis communications policies and procedures.
- Update your risk profile and risk mitigation plan.
- Review supply chain and supplier diversity arrangements.
- Develop/Execute tabletop exercises.
- Schedule mock crises to test your plans, systems, and response.
- Perform scenario planning exercises.
Contact Paul Hamaty, CEO of RAND Strategic Solutions, to see how RAND can help with your COVID-19 post-crisis analysis. The first consultation is complimentary.